Welcome to the Village of Northport
Welcome to the official site of Northport, NY. Our village is located on the great North Shore of Long Island within the County of Suffolk and the Town of Huntington. Northport is known for its secluded deep-water harbor, beautiful parks and beaches, wealth of quaint 19th-century architecture and pedestrian-friendly downtown.
Stop LIPA Tax Hike
The Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) is suing Huntington to recover $270 million in property taxes paid since 2010.
If successful, the lawsuit is projected to result in:
- 15% increase in Town property taxes
- 60% increase in Northport–East Northport school taxes.
The Town and the School District are fighting in court, but the legal challenges could take years to resolve. The battle is costly and the results uncertain. We have another option. The Governor and the State Legislature are considering restructuring LIPA.
Help us send the message that any LIPA legislation must settle these onerous lawsuits and protect Huntington taxpayers. Please act by going to the Town of Huntington website and sign the online petition. Also e-mail the Governor and State Legislature.
Call the Governor’s Hotline at (855) 693-8690 and tell Governor Cuomo that the Town of Huntington has kept its commitment to freeze the assessment on the Northport Power Station and now LIPA/National Grid must also live up to its pledge and continue to pay its taxes. Tell the Governor, this issue must be resolved, now and going forward, in any legislation to restructure LIPA.
- Yardwaste Notice
- Northport Village State of Emergency
- Gas/Propane Generator Permit
- 2013-2014 Budget Information
- 2013-2014 Tentative Budget
- The 2013 Collection Schedule has been posted on the Recycling & Garbage Calendar page
- Emergency Notification Information and Alarm Permit
- FEMA assistance information - important meeting December 11th
- FEMA Representatives on hand December 11 at 5 PM
- Northport Police Department Hurricane Sandy Information
- Hurricane Checklist
- Save our Post Office!
- Suffolk County Code Red Emergency Notification System
- West Nile Alert
- The Village now accepts credit cards
- 2% Tax Cap Information
- 2012-2013 Budget